Sunday, September 13, 2009

23 days till surgery


(A profile view....and my fat chin...)

Lets just say I'm freaking out!! I have read all of this stuff saying this surgery isn't bad and I shouldn't be freaking out but I am..I have so many questions...

My surgery is scheduled for October 7, I have to meet with the surgeon next Wednesday for a pre surgery history...and stuff, not sure what else. I am having a orthognathic surgery, a reconstruction of my mandible...scary stuff.

Does anyone have a list of things (like food) I need to buy before this??
(look how messed up my bite is!)

1 comment:

  1. I had a lot of peanut butter chocolate shakes, (lots of peanut butter for protein) we would also make the shakes with ensure (to boost more calories). Late when I could open more, I started to eat mashed potatoes with a baby spoon. (slide it in, and turn it around to scoop off the spoon with your tonuge). Also, I ate Mac'n'cheese, swallowing a few noodles at a time, whole. At least that filled up my belly. Unfortunately that stupid $5 footlong commerical had just come out. Urgh. Stay away from the food network too. You'll be hungry, but you will most definitely survive! I'm definitely pro-surgery now that I've been through it. It's totally worth it! And from the sounds of it, you are in great hands!

    ReplyDelete